I am forever thankful for the opportunities that were presented over the course of this semester and took advantage of as many as I could. I had to travel quite a bit and put a considerable amount of mileage on my car traveling back and forth between Manhattan and Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ (where I reside during the academic year). My residence is in Northern NJ, relatively close to New York City. My family … grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are all in New York. I luck out in a sense where there was always a local place to crash when I head into the city, but I also had classes and campus activities, so it was never long before I had to drive back to school.
Not-so-fun Facts: The Verrazano Bridge is $19. There is an EZ-Pass toll discount, however it only applies to NY pass holders and the deep(er) discount is only for Staten Island Residents. The Port Authority tolls (Goethals Bridge, Lincoln or Holland Tunnel) are $12.50 with the discount. The NJ Turnpike Tolls vary anywhere between $5 and $11. A typical trip from Rowan University (exit 3) to Lower Manhattan (exit 14C) can run about $11. I took the train to Astoria, $17 round-trip on New Jersey Transit plus another $5.50 on the MetroCard for the MTA.
- To Each Her Throne was shot in TriBeCa, NY
- Daughters of Solanas was shot in Staten Island, NY (main shoot site and on-location cemetery site)
- Women’s Weekend Film Challenge Pre-Production was in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
- Screening of Daughters of Solanas at the Museum of Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, NY
- Girl Power Film and Media Summit was in Dumbo, Brooklyn, NY